Unlock the Past Expo

It's Expo time! 

Last night I was on duty at the QFHS stall as part of the Unlock Your Past Expo being held at Centenary State High School Jindalee.  

The Expo is still going today and tomorrow so it's not too late to go along and check it out.

Today there are sessions about online newspapers and periodicals for family history, Convicts, locating ancestor's place of origin in Germany, Blogs, Google+, TROVE and more!

Tomorrow there are sessions on FamilySearch, Mining ancestors, military records, ScotlandsPeople, England and Wales - the census ...and ...well you get the gist ...there's stacks of information.

I didn't get to any of the talks but had just as much fun in the exhibition hall meeting fellow bloggers such as Geniaus and Alona Tester and meeting new friends such as Carole Riley and Kerry Farmer.  

oh yes, and I bought a Flip Pal...and a purple carry case....

 

 

Comments

GeniAus said…
Great to see you - will organise a geneabloggers photo today
All I can say is that those dead relatives get you out and about don't they. Jindalee!!!
Alex Daw said…
I was so pleased that it was close to home!!! Five minutes and I was there..not traipsing all over the universe as usual....
Alex Daw said…
Jill I was so excited to meet you at last...it was truly the best bit of my short time there...
Can't believe I missed you Alex..what a shame! It was fun meeting people and listening to the talks. Guarantee you'll love that Flip-pal.
Alex Daw said…
I was so sorry to miss you too Pauleen. Next time...there will always be a next time I'm sure. Can't wait to play with my new toy this weekend !

Popular posts from this blog

31 Things to do in August for National Family History Month

NFHM Blogging Challenge - Week 1

Merry Month of May Movie Meme